PROGRESS 01 - Importing a textured model into the Crysis editor

Today (Sunday, 29 March 2009), I was ready to do the importing. I logged on MSN as usual to chat with my team members on our progress. MSN is one of our main tools for collaborating. One of its advantages is its ability to record the history of our chats, so we can trace back to see our conversation. I think it is the quickest way of communication for our team. Beside MSN, we always use e-mails and mobile phones as our synchronous messaging. I just recalled what I have learned from last week studio and what we actually practiced.

Wilson and Jack completed their assigned tasks which are a drafting model and terrain. My next task is to do texture and import them into the Crysis editor. In order to do this, they need to send me Revit and Crysis files. We used Fileplanet as our shared repository so we can upload/download files from there without meeting up. By using Fileplanet, we also have a backup file on the network.


After I got the files, I textured the model in Sketchup and then exported it to the Crysis Editor by carefully following the instructions from the Wiki class.

Everything seemed to be fine but after reopening the map, the textures disappeared as the images below. I tried several ways but had no idea to solve the problem. I searched for the resolution from the Internet and saw a number of people having the same problem as me but no one can answer it. http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?postid=463541. At night, I sent my team an e-mail that I was not able to finish by the time schedule and needed help. I really appreciate for the quick responded messages from them. We will have a meeting tomorrow (Monday, 31 March 2009).


1st time openning - fully textured model

2nd time openning - the texture disapeared.