PROGRESS 02 - Importing a textured model into the Crysis editor

At 3 pm, I met up with Jackey. He helped me with the problem I had. However, we still cannot fix it out. I decided to reset everything and export it again from sketchup into Crysis. Unfortunately, the textures disappeared again when I reopened the map. I think Sketchup might not be a suitable tool for importing a textured model into the Crysis. Therefore, I made a decision to use 3ds Max instead. I went back to what I have noted down from 3dsMax videos tutorials. [link]. I also searched information from the Internet. I found that Crysis does not support some versions such as 3ds Max 2009, but it only supports Max 8, 9, 2008. I have both 3ds Max 2008 and 2009 so I intended to use 3ds Max 2008. Unfortunately, there was a problem with importing a model from Revit2009 to 3ds Max2008. I think the higher version of Revit may cause this problem.

I read Teresa’s journal. She has successfully imported the model into the Crysis editor for her tech test. So, I had a chat with her and asked about the softwares she uses. She suggested me to use Max 9 and install SDK plug in. Now, I got the SDK and was still downloading Max 9 from the Internet. It is quite huge. This might take the whole day to download it. I hope it will go well afterward.