IMPORTING FURNITURES INTO CRYSIS I

Monday 27th April 2009


Today, Wilson passed me the final model with all furniture and accessories in a good layout, but unfortunately I could not export them at once. There are some errors; the furniture does not appear in the Crysis because some furniture cannot import which effects in the disappearance of overall furniture. What I have done was I applied textures to each element in SketchUp and tested exporting a small group of furniture. When the problem occurs, I tried to export a single element in order to see which element causes the problem, and then delete it. I spent quite amount of time to repeat the steps to each group. At the end, I have come up with 21 groups of furniture.


Figure 1: The Furnished Building Model in Revit


Figure 2: A Group of Kitchen Equipments in SketchUp


Figure 3: Groups of Furniture inside the Brush Toolbar