WEEK 06 JOURNAL

Thursday 23rd April 2009

Today, we had a chance to discuss about group and team psychology with our guest, Tom Denson. I think this topic is very interesting as it involves the understanding of human mental functions and behaviors. He mentioned about conformity in team decision as how members of a group will change their behaviors, views and attitudes to fit the views of the group. I agree that making group decision is more difficult than individual one. Sometimes, when we need to solve a difficult problem, we automatically compare and adapt our answer to the fellow members. Personally, I sometimes lost my ideas and opinion when making a group decision. However, a successful decision also depends on how well a leader or team members open their mind and accept other members’ opinion without biased dissent.


In the team meeting today, we combined our achievement of each individual assigned tasks. For me, I was still working out the material problem, trying to test in various softwares and also in Crisis. Unfortunately, it has not been solved yet. We found that our strategic plan was a bit unrealistic since we could not well follow the timeline. So we adjusted our milestones to fit the remaining time. I volunteered to do the new schedule for the team. I tried to create it in the greater detail for each day, balance the workload and make it as realistic as possible. Finally, we came with the intensive 15 day schedule as below.